Purina Race Ready GT Horse Feed
Purina Race Ready GT Horse Feed
The demands of racing can place equine athletes under varying degrees of stress. That’s why our Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists and Veterinarians developed a performance horse feed that meets the energy demands of elite athletes with special additives to provide optimal support when your horses need it most – during times of stress.
Purina® Race Ready® GT horse feed is formulated to meet the nutritional demands of race horses and helps support proper immune function and a healthy gastric environment.
- Formulated with Purina® Outlast® supplement to support gastric health and proper pH
- Contains anti-oxidants and a specialized yeast extract to help support immune systems of horses affected by stress
- Beet pulp and other fermentable fiber sources to support digestion and help sustain a high level of performance
- Quality protein sources to help support muscle strength and athletic performance
- Highly palatable and fortified with 100% of required vitamins and minerals to support race horses**Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition – 2007” published by the National Research Council
Features & Benefits
Race Ready® GT horse feed contains a specialized yeast extract to help support the immune system of hard-working equine athletes affected by stress. Throughout the rigors of training and competition, you can have confidence your horse has the support needed for peak performance.
Purina® Amplify® Horse Supplement included, which contains multiple sources of fatty acids from flaxseed, stabilized rice bran, and vegetable oils to help maintain body condition, healthy hair, coat, and skin.
Support Proper Gastric pH
Purina® Race Ready® GT horse feed contains Purina® Outlast® Gastric Support Supplement, which is designed to support proper pH in horses that experience stress.
Sustain Peak Performance
Research has shown up to 90 percent of race horses will experience gastric discomfort. Don’t let it derail your training and performance plans. Developed by our team of Ph.D. Equine
Nutritionists, Purina® Race Ready® GT horse feed supports proper immune function and a healthy gastric environment for optimal performance.
Stop into Core Feed located in Folsom, Louisiana for any and all of your equine feed, supplements, and supplies including Purina equine products like Amplify High-Fat Supplement. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a member of our staff will guide you towards the right feed for your horse.
|Multiple Energy Sources||
|Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget||
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of horse. After observing the horse, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to maintain the desired body condition. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse. Always feed a minimum of 1% of body weight of good quality, clean hay or pasture. Salt should always be fed free-choice to all horses.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Performance & Breeding - Amount to feed in lbs/day|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture||4.25||5.75||7.0||8.25||9.75|
|Race Ready® Horse Feed (lbs/day)*|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||15.75||18.25|
*1 pound of feed = 1 quart of feed
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
|Crude Protein||12.00% MIN|
|Crude Fat||9.50% MIN|
|Crude Fiber||12.50% MAX|
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||19.00% MAX|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||31.00% MAX|
|Calcium (Ca)||0.80% MIN|
|Calcium (Ca)||1.30% MAX|
|Phosphorus (P)||0.60% MIN|
|Copper (Cu)||60 ppm MIN|
|Selenium (S)||0.60 ppm MIN|
|Zinc (Zn)||240 ppm MIN|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/LB MIN|
|Vitamin E||125 IU/LB MIN|