Feed Purina® Catfish 32 floating fish feed to pond catfish that are at least 6 inches in size at stocking rates of less than 4,000 fish per acre. Ensure that adequate oxygen is available to the fish and follow the recommendations for various water temperatures.
Water Temperature Amount to feed daily Frequency of feeding
65-75° F. 2-3% of body weight Daily 6 days/wk.
75-85° F. 3-5% of body weight Daily 6-7 days/wk.
85-90° F. 2-3% of body weight Daily 5-6 days/wk.
1. Always follow label directions.
2. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
3. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
4. Please consult the tag sewn onto the bag for complete feeding instructions.
1. Poor water quality is the most common cause of fish loss.
2. Avoid overstocking ponds; exceeding the biomass capacity of a pond may result in fish loss.
3. Avoid overfeeding; excessive nutrient load will deplete water oxygen.
4. Reduce feeding frequency to not more than five days per week when water temperature reaches 85° F. Drastically reduce feeding rates and reduce frequency of feeding to three days per week at temperatures above 95° F.
5. Keep ponds adequately aerated.
6. If feed is not completely eaten within 20 minutes, reduce the amount that is offered.
7. Feed in late afternoon/early evening, when dissolved oxygen concentration is highest.