Equine Senior® Active Horse Feed
Equine Senior® Active Horse Feed
Equine Senior Active Horse Feed is specifically formulated for active aging horses that can still chew and digest hay. Designed to meet the unique nutritional needs of your active senior.
Purina® Equine Senior Active horse feed, the trusted original senior horse feed, has been helping senior horses live healthy, long lives since its national launch in 1993. Today’s horses are staying active longer than ever, and new findings suggest that healthy aging horses may benefit from a higher-calorie diet designed with controlled starch and sugar and balanced nutrients.
Purina’s Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists and Veterinarians never stop researching new ways to address the specific needs of aging horses.
Amplify® high-fat nugget and ActivAge™ prebiotic are just two of the senior horse nutrition breakthroughs included in Equine Senior® Active horse feed.
Features & Benefits
Exclusive ActivAge™ Prebiotic
Scientifically studied in senior horses to support optimal function of the aging immune system
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for weight maintenance, shine and bloom
Controlled Sugar and Starch
Provides a diet lower in nonstructural carbohydrates that may be suitable for aging horses with carbohydrate sensitivities
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of senior horses to support immune function and overall health when fed as directed
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
Scientifically formulated with a blend of fiber sources including loose beet pulp helps maintain the senior horse’s body condition and support normal digestive function
Contains Vitamin E to provide additional support for a healthy immune system
Multiple Energy Sources
With more calories from fat, less from sugar to provide a diet lower in nonstructural carbohydrates to help aging horses with difficulty managing blood sugar levels
Support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
|Exclusive ActivAge™ Prebiotic||
|Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget||
|Controlled Sugar and Starch||
|Vitamin & Mineral Fortification||
|Multiple Energy Sources||
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily, with three daily feedings preferred. Be sure to weigh your feed using a scale. A small scale can be purchased in the fishing department of many sporting stores.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited, or showing pain, or has a fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise. Prevent rapid eating.
- Let horses feed in natural position from large feed containers.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals because it may cause illness or death.
- Observe horses daily. Consult your veterinarian for proper preventative health care. Maintain a regular deworming and vaccination program.
- Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.